Mu Alpha Theta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argggggg the forums are no more.

3 posters

Go down

Argggggg the forums are no more. Empty Argggggg the forums are no more.

Post by Nameless Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:37 am

The forums are no mores....

Little Johnny was a chemist's son
But Johnny is no more
what Johnny thought was H2O
was H2SO4

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
Nameless
Nameless

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Argggggg the forums are no more. Empty Re: Argggggg the forums are no more.

Post by Ani Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm confused about what the first line means
??????????????????
Ani
Ani
Vice-President
Vice-President

Male Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:08 pm

I don't know either. I posted this randomly in compsci due to a short burst of madness.
Nameless
Nameless

Back to top Go down

Post by HTang Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:40 pm

I maintain that the forums remain mostly unused due to the decided lack of intellectually stimulating material. Someone needs to start posting meaningful stuff to motivate others into joining. As such, I propose that the officers start posting more often. If you really want to increase activity, you could do the same thing that was done in previous years with the former site and require sign-ups prior to registering for tournaments.
HTang
HTang
Graduated member
Graduated member

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:03 pm

HTang wrote:I maintain that the forums remain mostly unused due to the decided lack of intellectually stimulating material. Someone needs to start posting meaningful stuff to motivate others into joining. As such, I propose that the officers start posting more often. If you really want to increase activity, you could do the same thing that was done in previous years with the former site and require sign-ups prior to registering for tournaments.

Nice idea, sadly, the officers havent signed up even after telling the others to =/. I'll start posting stuff like tricks soon. I have had this page up for a while now.......
https://elkinsmath.forummotion.com/number-sense-f8/number-sense-tricks-t66.htm

And I've just added this
https://elkinsmath.forummotion.com/mathematics-f10/questions-tricks-anyone-t141.htm

Please post in them for tricks,the first one has been up for a while now with no reply =/
Ani
Ani
Vice-President
Vice-President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:08 pm

HTang wrote:I maintain that the forums remain mostly unused due to the decided lack of intellectually stimulating material. Someone needs to start posting meaningful stuff to motivate others into joining. As such, I propose that the officers start posting more often. If you really want to increase activity, you could do the same thing that was done in previous years with the former site and require sign-ups prior to registering for tournaments.

Havern, Kenny hasn't typed in the URL for this forum since he signed up. Tiffany doesn't really do anything to help convince people to join. In addition to that she hasn't even joined the forum herself. The only officers who actually get on are me, Grant and Michael.
Nameless
Nameless

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Nameless wrote:

Havern, Kenny hasn't typed in the URL for this forum since he signed up. Tiffany doesn't really do anything to help convince people to join. In addition to that she hasn't even joined the forum herself. The only officers who actually get on are me, Grant and Michael.

I think Havern knows that the officers have not yet joined the forums, however, we ourselves could push that people should join before going to a tournament. It's not like the any of the officers will disagree with us on that. Yes, they may not have shown initiative, but we can make up for that. Secondly, there has been a tricks section up for a few months right now, and not one person has posted in it yet. I'm also guilty for not taking the initiative and posting some tricks to attract some posts. There has been a TI program section up for a while now, with no requests for programs. Nobody has posted on help with any section, and the only places getting posts now are the General Discusion pages. Most peoples scores have remained static. We shouldnt entirely blame the officers, as we are the people holding up math club, we are the people who care the most about math club, and we should be the people who take the initiative in pushing the boundaries of the math club. Yes, you guys have done a great job in keeping math club alive, but we should all do more in actually making math club flourish.
Remember, if you need any help on any question in any sections except for Calculator and Science, post the question in the corresponding section, and I will respond as quickly as possible with the answer/the method of finding the answer
Ani
Ani
Vice-President
Vice-President

Back to top Go down

Post by HTang Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Ani wrote:
Nameless wrote:

I think Havern knows that the officers have not yet joined the forums, however, we ourselves could push that people should join before going to a tournament. It's not like the any of the officers will disagree with us on that. Yes, they may not have shown initiative, but we can make up for that. Secondly, there has been a tricks section up for a few months right now, and not one person has posted in it yet. I'm also guilty for not taking the initiative and posting some tricks to attract some posts. There has been a TI program section up for a while now, with no requests for programs. Nobody has posted on help with any section, and the only places getting posts now are the General Discusion pages. Most peoples scores have remained static. We shouldnt entirely blame the officers, as we are the people holding up math club, we are the people who care the most about math club, and we should be the people who take the initiative in pushing the boundaries of the math club. Yes, you guys have done a great job in keeping math club alive, but we should all do more in actually making math club flourish.
Remember, if you need any help on any question in any sections except for Calculator and Science, post the question in the corresponding section, and I will respond as quickly as possible with the answer/the method of finding the answer

Agreed. While some officer positions are more prominent, all members, officer or not, should, and indeed can, contribute to better math club, whether by contributing knowledge, attracting members, or simply boosting morale.

So get to work, math slaves; you've got motivating to do.
HTang
HTang
Graduated member
Graduated member

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum