Teams for next year

Go down

Teams for next year

Post by Ani on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Anyone have any preferences or ideas concerning CompSci teams for next year?
avatar
Ani
Vice-President
Vice-President

Male Number of posts : 236
Age : 26
Location : Kanto
Registration date : 2008-05-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by Alex Tatge on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:41 pm

I think Ben, Stephen, and I will stay together, unless we decide we're not good enough for Advanced XD
avatar
Alex Tatge
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 58
Location : In yore base, killing yore d00ds.
Registration date : 2008-09-22

View user profile http://fmylife.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by Ani on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:26 pm

I dont know if Stephen is taking CS 3
avatar
Ani
Vice-President
Vice-President

Male Number of posts : 236
Age : 26
Location : Kanto
Registration date : 2008-05-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by HTang on Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 am

Ani wrote:I dont know if Stephen is taking CS 3

That better be a joke. >_<
avatar
HTang
Graduated member
Graduated member

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by Ani on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:34 am

HTang wrote:
Ani wrote:I dont know if Stephen is taking CS 3

That better be a joke. >_<

Lol, There will be a CS 1 Pre-AP next year.
As a result, CS II AP next year will be equivalent to CS I AP this year.
CS III H will be equal to CS II AP this year, but will be H, not AP because the Collegeboard will take away the CS AB AP this year >.<
I believe Mrs. Ward is trying to make it dual credit to make up for the loss of the AP.
As a result, students in CS I AP this year who wish to continue taking CS will take CS III next year.
avatar
Ani
Vice-President
Vice-President

Male Number of posts : 236
Age : 26
Location : Kanto
Registration date : 2008-05-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by HTang on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:43 am

Ani wrote:
HTang wrote:
Ani wrote:I dont know if Stephen is taking CS 3

That better be a joke. >_<

Lol, There will be a CS 1 Pre-AP next year.
As a result, CS II AP next year will be equivalent to CS I AP this year.
CS III H will be equal to CS II AP this year, but will be H, not AP because the Collegeboard will take away the CS AB AP this year >.<
I believe Mrs. Ward is trying to make it dual credit to make up for the loss of the AP.
As a result, students in CS I AP this year who wish to continue taking CS will take CS III next year.

In that case, hopefully, CS II AP won't have CS 1 Pre-AP as a prereq, or else it'd be even harder to take everything in four years. I mean, I barely managed to fit everything into my schedule, as it is/was, and I took summer school for three years.
avatar
HTang
Graduated member
Graduated member

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by Raku on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:16 am

HTang wrote:
Ani wrote:
HTang wrote:
Ani wrote:I dont know if Stephen is taking CS 3

That better be a joke. >_<

Lol, There will be a CS 1 Pre-AP next year.
As a result, CS II AP next year will be equivalent to CS I AP this year.
CS III H will be equal to CS II AP this year, but will be H, not AP because the Collegeboard will take away the CS AB AP this year >.<
I believe Mrs. Ward is trying to make it dual credit to make up for the loss of the AP.
As a result, students in CS I AP this year who wish to continue taking CS will take CS III next year.

In that case, hopefully, CS II AP won't have CS 1 Pre-AP as a prereq, or else it'd be even harder to take everything in four years. I mean, I barely managed to fit everything into my schedule, as it is/was, and I took summer school for three years.

I'm sure you don't have to follow the CS1-CS2-CS3 order. Technically, CS1 is not a pre-required course for CS2.
avatar
Raku
Graduated member
Graduated member

Female Number of posts : 14
Location : 真選組
Registration date : 2008-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by Ani on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:27 am

Raku wrote:
HTang wrote:
Ani wrote:
HTang wrote:
Ani wrote:I dont know if Stephen is taking CS 3

That better be a joke. >_<

Lol, There will be a CS 1 Pre-AP next year.
As a result, CS II AP next year will be equivalent to CS I AP this year.
CS III H will be equal to CS II AP this year, but will be H, not AP because the Collegeboard will take away the CS AB AP this year >.<
I believe Mrs. Ward is trying to make it dual credit to make up for the loss of the AP.
As a result, students in CS I AP this year who wish to continue taking CS will take CS III next year.

In that case, hopefully, CS II AP won't have CS 1 Pre-AP as a prereq, or else it'd be even harder to take everything in four years. I mean, I barely managed to fit everything into my schedule, as it is/was, and I took summer school for three years.

I'm sure you don't have to follow the CS1-CS2-CS3 order. Technically, CS1 is not a pre-required course for CS2.

Actually, I believe it is listed as a pre-req, but I might be mistaken. As Zhenzheng said, you dont have to follow the order if you know some CS and request Mrs. Ward. For example, next year there will be one person in CS2 as he/she asked Mrs. Ward about skipping CS1. The only problem is that it will be harder at contests as CS2 will be considered "advanced" even though they probably wont know as much java as CS2 right now.
avatar
Ani
Vice-President
Vice-President

Male Number of posts : 236
Age : 26
Location : Kanto
Registration date : 2008-05-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by HTang on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:53 pm

Technically, it'd only be harder at contests for a year or so, maybe less. After that, everyone else has to deal with the same situation, so the average advanced score will just go down accordingly.
avatar
HTang
Graduated member
Graduated member

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by Alex Tatge on Thu May 07, 2009 10:12 am

Ani wrote:
Raku wrote:
HTang wrote:
Ani wrote:
HTang wrote:
Ani wrote:I dont know if Stephen is taking CS 3

That better be a joke. >_<

Lol, There will be a CS 1 Pre-AP next year.
As a result, CS II AP next year will be equivalent to CS I AP this year.
CS III H will be equal to CS II AP this year, but will be H, not AP because the Collegeboard will take away the CS AB AP this year >.<
I believe Mrs. Ward is trying to make it dual credit to make up for the loss of the AP.
As a result, students in CS I AP this year who wish to continue taking CS will take CS III next year.

In that case, hopefully, CS II AP won't have CS 1 Pre-AP as a prereq, or else it'd be even harder to take everything in four years. I mean, I barely managed to fit everything into my schedule, as it is/was, and I took summer school for three years.

I'm sure you don't have to follow the CS1-CS2-CS3 order. Technically, CS1 is not a pre-required course for CS2.

Actually, I believe it is listed as a pre-req, but I might be mistaken. As Zhenzheng said, you dont have to follow the order if you know some CS and request Mrs. Ward. For example, next year there will be one person in CS2 as he/she asked Mrs. Ward about skipping CS1. The only problem is that it will be harder at contests as CS2 will be considered "advanced" even though they probably wont know as much java as CS2 right now.

MOAR LARGE QUOTE STRINGS
avatar
Alex Tatge
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 58
Location : In yore base, killing yore d00ds.
Registration date : 2008-09-22

View user profile http://fmylife.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teams for next year

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum